Travelling solo is a right of passage that I think everyone should experience. If you are on the edge of taking this leap of faith and need an extra push – here are the best travel alone quotes to inspire you to start planning.
Maybe you are frequent solo traveller like myself and are struggling to find the perfect solo travel quotes for Instagram – here are a range of fantastic options to suit any of your beautiful photos.
Travelling alone expands your world and gives you a new perspective on your place in this world. Not to mention all of the other fantastic benefits of travelling, solo travel is an experience not to be missed.
Travelling alone is good for the soul and teaches you that you don’t need to rely on someone else to feel whole. Experience the world at your own pace, make your own decisions and unlock greater confidence in yourself. I guarantee you, solo travel will expand your comfort zone and challenge you to be more adaptive to changing circumstances.
So, if you are considering this adventure of solo travel – then take inspiration from these 50 best travel alone quotes and dive in head first.
Best Travel Alone Quotes and Captions
1. “Solo travel is all about exploring the world and one’s own-self.”
2. “Travelling alone will be the scariest, most liberating, life-changing experience of you life. “
3. “Travel far enough to find yourself”
4. “If you are waiting for someone to travel with you, you may end up waiting a lifetime”
5. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all” – Helen Keller
6. “Some journeys can only be travelled alone”
7. “You never really travel alone, the world is full of friends waiting to find you.”
8. “Don’t be scared to walk alone. Don’t be scared to like it”
9. “Achieving success on the road is possible. Only if you dare to challenge the norm” –Defining Decade
10. “Are you still waiting for a sign that it’s time to start your grand solo adventure? This is it!”
Travel Alone Quotes and Captions About Adventure
11. “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone”
12. “Do not stop thinking of life as an adventure. You have no security unless you can live bravely, excitingly, imaginatively, unless you can choose a challenge instead of a competence.” Eleanor Roosevelt
13. “Adventure can be an end in itself. Self-discovery is the secret ingredient.” – Grace Lichtenstein
14. “You must go on adventures to find out where you belong.” – Sue Fitzmaurize
15. “After seeing the sun and the moon on the other side of the world, I realized that I’m not the same person I was before.”
16. “Allow your mind to be stretched by new experiences, and be taken into new dimensions.”
17. “Adventure should be part of everyone’s life. It is the whole difference between being fully alive and just existing.” —Holly Morris
18. “Climbing mountains was always more about seeing the world down below and less about the world seeing you up high.”
Love To Travel Alone Quotes
19. “Traveling—it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.”
20. “What good are wings without the courage to fly?”
21. “Travel now, work later.”
22. “As you travel solo, you discover how capable you really are.”
Inspirational Quotes For Traveling Alone
23. “Taking the plunge into solo traveller is the scariest part. Dive in head first and never look back.” – Defining Decade
24. “Travel not to escape life, but so life doesn’t escape you”
25. “Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow.” — Anita Desai
“If you never go, you’ never know”
26. “To my mind, the greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time, to be in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar it is taken for granted.” — Bill Bryson
27. “Once in a while it really hits people that they don’t have to experience the world in the way they have been told to.” — Alan Keightley
28. “It is impossible to live without failing at something unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all, in which case you have failed by default.” – J. K. Rowling
29. “Step out of the history that is holding you back. Step into the new story you are willing to create.” – Oprah Winfrey
Finding the Courage to Travel Alone Quotes
30. “Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?” —Mary Oliver
31. “You live only once, but if you do it right, once is enough“ —Mae West
32. “Dying seems less sad than having lived too little.” —Gloria Steinem
33. “Normal is not something to aspire to, it’s something to get away from.” —Jodie Foster
34. “You need to lose your way first before you can discover some interesting paths.”
35. “Fly solo, soar free, and defy gravity!”
36. “Solo travel is never a matter of money but of courage.”
37. “Sometimes one day in a different place will give you more than 10 of life at home”
38. “The life you have led doesn’t need to be the only life you have.” ―Anna Quindlen
Shop my solo travel essentials
Traveling Alone As A Woman Quotes
39. “Stop dreaming of chasing waterfalls, island hopping and mountain climbing and start dreaming about how you can make it a reality.” – Defining Decade
40. “Solo travel is an investment in yourself”
41. “Dare to live the life you’ve dreamed of”
42. “I can always make more money, I cannot make more time”
43. “Time flies. It’s up to you to be the navigator.
44. “I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear.” – Rosa Parks
45. “One day you’ll wake up and there won’t be any more time to do the things you’ve always wanted. Do it now”. – Paulo Coelho
46. “No matter what path you take, every road will eventually lead to home.”
47. “To travel is to seek unfamiliar places, unknown lives, and untouched souls.”
48. “Your world isn’t for anyone else to discover. Venture out and go explore it on your own.”
Funny Solo Travel Quotes
49. “Be strong,” I whisper to my WiFi signal!
50. “Can we just skip to the part of my life where I travel the world?”
51. “People having babies…and I’m like: What country am I going to next?”
52. “Table for one, food for two, please.”
53. Living my best life, one plane ticket at a time.
54. “The sooner you master the art of taking selfies, the better for your solo adventures.“
55. “Me, lost?! Absolutely preposterous!“
56. “Solo travel is my therapy.“
Travel Alone Quotes Instagram
57. Big smiles and tired feet.
58. I’m not lost. I’m exploring.
59. Born to roam.
60. Wonder. Wander. Repeat.
61. You’ll never know if you never go.
For more travel Instagram captions, check out 80+ travelling captions for Instagram