Discover a vast range of Instagram captions for travelling that will spark engagement and grow your following! Stand out on the feed with a unique range of Instagram captions for travelling to any destination during any season!
From classic captions that are short and sweet to longer quotes that inspire. Or perhaps you prefer to capture the local culture by sharing a phrase or expression, Parlez-vous français?
Be sure to bookmark this page for later, or save it to your Pinterest board for quick access when you need to post your cute travel photo!
I’m sure you didn’t land on this page to hear me talk your here off, so let’s dive straight into 150 of my all-time favourite Instagram captions for travelling!
Best Instagram Captions for Travelling
Starting off with my favourite captions for travelling that are a great fit for a whole range of travel photos.
- What’s on my bucket list? Everywhere.
- Life is short and the world is wide. I better get started.
- Take me anywhere.
- Lost with a purpose.
- Exploring the roads less travelled.
- I don’t know the question, but travel is definitely the answer.
- Vacation mode. Activated.
- All you need is love a passport.
- Running out of pages in my passport
- In travel mode. Do not disturb.
- Quit your day job, not your daydreams.
- Dare to live the life you’ve always wanted
- Love is the food of life, travel is dessert.
Funny Instagram Captions for Travelling
I find funny Instagram captions for travelling tend to perform better. These funny captions keep it real and are a playful way to engage with your followers!
- PSA: Update your address book—I live here now.
- Out of office indefinitely.
- It’s 5pm somewhere.
- Suns out buns out.
- Table for one. Food for two.
- Do not disturb for 2 business weeks.
- Pretending I’m not incredibly lost.
- I only collect one thing: stamps on my passport.
- Work tip: Stand up. Stretch. Buy a ticket. Go to the airport. Never return.
Summer Instagram Captions for Travelling
The next few captions are perfect for a summer vacay in a tropical paradise! Show off your super cute new bikini in style with these captions.
- Seas the day.
- My favourite colour is sunset.
- Sandy toes. Sun-kissed nose.
- Salty & Sweet.
- Mermaid kisses and starfish wishes.
- High tides and good vibes.
- Alexa, play the piña colada song.
- Salt in the air. Sand in my hair.
- All that’s missing is a strawberry daiquiri.
- Resting beach face.
- Rosy cheeks.
- Ocean air, salty hair.
- Freckle season.
- Sipping pina colada’s, getting caught in the sun.
- I’ll go anywhere a bikini is needed.
- Good times and tan lines.
- Tropic like it’s hot.
- Watch sunsets not Netflix.
Winter Instagram Captions for Travelling
Turning the heat down, these winter Instagram captions for travelling will come in handy for your festive family pictures, epic skiing shots and snow angel Instagram reels.
- It’s only downhill from here.
- Feeling frosty.
- Cold hands, warm hearts.
- Sleigh, what?!
- License to chill.
- Any excuse to drink mulled wine.
- This girl likes all kinds of black diamonds.
- Just here for the apres ski.
- Paradise doesn’t have to be tropical.
- Nothing beats fresh tracks.
- Earning the hot chocolate.
- It’s snow joke outside.
- Be like snow: beautiful but cold.
- Tis the season to sparkle.
- It’s a winter-ful life.
- Freeze the day.
- Never too cold for an iced coffee.
- Totally sleigh-ed it.
Short Instagram Travel Captions
Keep it short and simple baby! Ain’t nobody got time to read a long paragraph detailing your day.
- My sweet escape.
- Love at first flight.
- Views on views.
- Big smiles and tired feet.
- The world is waiting.
- Never stop exploring.
- Wonder. Wander. Repeat.
- Work hard, travel harder.
- Roaming wild and free.
- I found heaven on earth.
- Travel more, plane and simple.
- Incurable wanderlust.
- To travel is to live.
- Work, travel, save, repeat.
- Slice of life.
- Born to roam.
- One with the clouds.
- Love at first flight.
- Bon voyage!
- Home away from home.
- Jetlag is for amateurs.
- Concrete jungle.
- Travel hair, don’t care.
You might also like: 110 One word captions for Travel
Long Instagram Travel Captions
Share greater depth and meaning with the next few longer captions for travelling.
- Making memories one country at a time.
- Happiness is planning your next trip.
- The fastest way to expand your horizons is to visit somewhere new.
- I followed my heart…it lead me to the airport.
- I wish someone would look at me like I look at Skyscanner.
- Physically I’m here. Mentally I’m in a pool in Bali ordering my third mojito.
- Good things come to those who book flights.
Work Trip Instagram Captions
So you’re headed on a business trip? Lucky you! Share your work travels with the following captions.
- Getting paid to travel? Where do I sign?
- “Take the experience first; the cash will come later” – Steve Jobs
- World warrior.
- Achieving success on the road.
- I work best on the go.
Foreign Language Words For Instagram Captions
Show off your language skills with these sayings, phrases and idioms. A sneaky way to add cryptic messages to your Instagram captions…
- Paix – Peace
- Tenue du jour – Outfit of the day
- âme soeur – Soul mate
- Je t’aime plus que la pizza – I love you more than pizza
- Intrépide – Fearless
- Soleil – Sun
- Dérive – Spontaneous Journey guided by the landscape.
- Ishindenshin – heart to heart
- Kachou fuugetsu – The beauties of nature
- Keizoku wa chikara nari – Don’t give up
- unsan mushō – Disappear without a trace
- Yūgen – An overwhelming sense of the world’s beauty
- Ciao Bella! – Goodbye or hello beautiful
- La dolce vita -The Sweet Life.
- Il dolce far niente – The sweetness of doing nothing.
- Buongiorno, Italia! – Good morning Italy.
- Ai Mali Estremi, Estremi Rimedi – “Desperate Times Call for Drastic Measures”
- Chi Fa Da Sé, Fa Per Tre – “Do It Yourself if You Want It Done Right”
- Chi Dorme Non Piglia Pesci – “You Snooze, You Lose”
- Venezia, ti amo!
- Scusi, scusi can anyone tell me where to find the vino?
- Dolaşmak – To wander.
- Fernweh – A feeling stronger than wanderlust.
- Ich glaub, ich spinner – I believe I’m dreaming.
- Ich liebe dich – I love you.
You might also like: Best Travel Blog Websites for Twenty- Somethings!
Adventurous Instagram Captions for Travelling
Epic adventure travel photos are my favourite to view and share. Nothing beats going to extraordinary lengths for the perfect photo to capture your thrilling adventure. These next captions are a great match for your next adventure shot.
- Here for a good time not a long time.
- Feeling alive!
- I live for this feeling.
- I risked everything for this photo.
- If you don’t hear from me in 3 days, send help 😉
- Life should be lived on the edge.
- The only fear I have is routine.
- Life’s an adventure. Not a package tour.
- Walking on the wild side.
- Let the adventure begin.
- New Year’s Resolution: Say yes to Adventure
- Restless between adventures.
- Here for a good time, not a long time.
- Let’s wander where the wifi is weak.
- Full-time wanderer.
You might also like: 80 Travelling Captions for Instagram
Quotes to Inspire Instagram Captions
Inspire others to live a travel-filled life of adventure with these well-known travel quotes.
- “Jobs fill your pocket, Adventures fill your soul” – Jaime Lyn Beatty
- “Remember that happiness is a way of travel – not a destination.” – Roy M. Goodman
- “Travel far enough, you meet yourself”. —David Mitchell
- “Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta
- “Not all those who wander are lost.” —J.R.R. Tolkien
- “Travel is never a matter of money but of courage.” — Paulo Coelho
- “Constantly searching for views that take my breath away.”
- “Life is not meant to be lived in one place.”
- “Quit your job, buy a ticket, get a tan, fall in love, never return.”
- “Adventure is worthwhile.” — Aesop
- “Travel. Your money will return. Your time won’t.”
- “Take only memories, leave only footprints.” – Chief Seattle
- “When overseas, you learn more about your own country than you do the place you’re visiting.” — Clint Borgen
- “Don’t be scared to walk alone. Don’t be scared to like it”
- “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all” – Helen Keller
- “Fly solo, soar free, and defy gravity!”
You might also like: 60 Travel Alone Quotes To Inspire Solo Travel